Sync Google Calendar Colors and iOS
(image courtesy of Lifehacker)
FINALLY, a solution to an annoying problem that has plagued me ever since Google Mobile Sync was born is here: Calendar color synchronization between Google Calendars and my iPhone’s calendar. My OCD itched so badly that I would end up changing my Google Calendar colors to match the seemingly random vomit that my iPhone’s calendar would choose.
In a nutshell, don’t use Google Mobile Sync for your calendar. Use CalDAV instead.
Out of the nutshell:
- On your iOS device: Go to Settings –> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Under Accounts: Select your Google Mobile Sync account (mine was creatively named “Google”)
- Switch your “Calendars” to the “OFF” position. It will prompt you to make sure you aren’t smoking crack, but since you *are* smoking crack… the healthy, vegan kind… go for it.
- Click on “Add Account…”
- Select Other.
- Select Add CalDAV Account.
- Enter your account information:
- In the Server field, enter [ google.com ]
- In the Username field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password.
- In the Description field, enter the name you’d like to appear on the account (I named mine “Google Calendars”… creative, I know)
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect (on any browser) and select the calendars you want to sync. Alternatively, Google Apps users can go to https://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/your_domain/iphoneselect (of course, replace “your_domain” with your… uh… domain).
- Click Save
I can’t believe I didn’t think of this earlier. Enjoy!
via Google Mobile Help (CalDAV instructions)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.