Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alerts
ensures the continuous protection of guests, employees and hotel assets. maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and standard operating procedures. assists the director of security in managing security operations on a daily basis. areas of responsibilities include the protection and safety of property assets, employees, guests and property, accident and fire prevention and response.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area
Managing Security Operations
- Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
- Recommends follow-up action for security breaches.
- Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper management for disposition.
- Deploys security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
- Complies with all Corporate Security safety and security management guidelines and procedures.
- Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
- Conducts periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
- Recognizes success across areas of responsibility
- Handles guest problems and complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Keeps abreast of local criminal activity as it may impact property.
- Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property and parking areas.
- Inspects all security equipment and ensures it is fully functioning.
- Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
- Conducts hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Completes disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Maintains first aid and CPR certifications required for Security officers.
- Implements local authority requirement for security and safety.
marriott international, inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,500 properties across 127 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $22 billion in fiscal year 2017. founded by j. willard and alice marriott and guided by family leadership for 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of washington, d.c. in bethesda, maryland.