Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alerts
the bim manager will support the engineering supervision teams and execute the day to day development, establishment and implementation of bim in the buildings design team, and in prestigious project(s). the bim manager will be responsible for the effective implementation and compliance of bim standards, processes and protocols both at organization and project level.
Role And Responsibilities
- Support the BIM Management Office (BMO) activities by participating with the development and implementation of the MEA Digital Engineering Roadmap.
- Provide progress and performance updates as required by e.g. Clients and Design Director.
- Issue and respond to all formal correspondences related to BIM activities.
- Develop and support proposal leads in Request for Proposals (RFP) e.g. clarifications, technical write up, level of efforts.
- Evaluate and manage the deployment of applicable hardware and software. Provide hands-on BIM software training for projects.
- Support configuration and establishment of the Common Data Environment (CDE) for Project use.
- Develop and maintain specific BIM software template files to assure standards compliance.
- Manage and support object(s) creation and maintain libraries according to the relevant Project(s) and stage(s) as needed.
- Develop and enforce BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Develop and automate routines in BIM to support standards, quality and productivity.
- Develop BIM specification(s) documentation and support integration with Tender(s) as required.
- Develop, monitor, coordinate and report on the Pre- Post contract BIM Execution Plan, Task and Master Information Delivery Plan (TIDP and MIDP) for Design delivery
- Manage, support and validate project design delivery e.g. modeling, detailing, scheduling and extraction.
- Manage and ensure Project Information Models (PIM’s) are delivered in accordance with the agreed TIDP, MIDP and CDE protocol.
- Develop the process, perform, measure and ensure the highest quality for all BIM model package submissions in accordance with Project standards and requirements
- Review, monitor and report on the development of clash interference and coordinated models with Design Leads for resolution and closure.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Project delivery team design-changes and model challenges.
- Prepare validation reports for milestone BIM package submissions.
- Validate and export model geometry and data to schedules for internal design and commercial activities.
- Support the Quality department during conducting audits and supply chain non-conformance(s).
- Support the Contracts and Project Controls department in BIM related activities.
- Develop, coordinate and support planning activities with proposed 4D constructability sequencing model(s) for design and monitor progress reporting for construction supervision stage.
- Monitor the development and facilitate the use of models for Health and Safety activities.
- Monitor and support utilization of software applications augmenting model use during construction and handover stages.
- Perform quality checks and report deviations of construction installation with Design intent models
- Monitor and validate testing and commissioning data in models. Monitor, perform quality checks and report on the quality of as-built models.
- Monitor and support the data collection process and validate Asset Information Models (AIM’s) with Maintenance Management System (MMS) requirements e.g. Construction Operation Building Information Exchange (COBie) and/or Client Specific requirements.
- Monitor and validate the Asset Information Models tagging with all related project documents e.g. the H&S file(s) and O&M Manual(s) etc.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or Engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Design Consultancy for buildings project delivery.
- At least 7 years’ experience in BIM Implementation on major projects or program
- Must have experience working on various multi-story building projects as part of the Consultant or Contractor.
- Must have experience with British BIM Standards PAS1192 and BS1192.
- Proficient with BIM authoring and proprietary software applications such as: Revit, Civil 3D, AECOsim, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Navisworks, VICO, Cost X, Synchro, BIM 360 Glue/Field or similar applications Possess excellent English communication skills with an ability to form effective relationship with project delivery team, Client, and Contractor.
- Excellent writing skills in preparing letters, technical instructions, analytical reports, and presentations. Preferably with experience in Middle East/Gulf Countries.
founded in 1944, parsons corporation --- an engineering, construction, technical, and professional services firm --- is a leader in diverse markets, focusing on infrastructure, defense, security, and construction.