Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alerts
the highways design manager will be a technical expert in highways design, with extensive knowledge of highway design standards including typical standards used in middle east and dubai in particular. shall have experience of managing and directing a large group of highway engineers with responsibility to guide the technical development of the group to optimize the capability of the team and to deliver cost effective designs in the most efficient manner.
沙巴体育怎么玩they shall interface with i&t dubai senior managers and with other discipline managers to ensure that each project design is coordinated and fully meets the client’s expectations, as per the contract requirements. shall be expected to support the project pm in selected client meetings or presentations and shall present their expert view on all complex highway design matters.
沙巴体育怎么玩determines methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and selects the most efficient and economical manner in meeting the objectives.
沙巴体育怎么玩shall be fully conversant with latest highway design and drafting software, and with highway design workflows involving multiple discipline inputs. shall promote and direct the development of advanced 3d highway design techniques and shall support the development of digital engineering roadmap.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist PM to plan and develop resource plans for each project on the program.
- Provide assistance to the Parsons PM in technical support and supervision of the preliminary study, preliminary design, final design and tender stages.
- Assist Parsons PM to monitor the highway team’s performance in the conduct of design programs according to the established packaging strategy, including adherence to schedule, cost and standards codes, design coordination activities, and the production of construction tender documentation which would include securing appropriate approvals from the Client and local regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that the design review staff members are aware of and have a common understanding of their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Oversee the conduct of design reviews and participate in Value Engineering Workshops and the holding of regular design coordination meetings.
- Oversee the review process, administration and expediting of the design phase of the works, specialist design review and design package development reviews, evaluations and updates.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the program and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Promotes technical excellence on the program, including furtherance of the Quality Improvement Process and promotes best practice digital engineering design workflow processes.
- Promote the highways team in the use of the latest 3D highway design software (Civil3D/OpenRoads/MX/Inroads) and the interface with drafting software (AutoCad/Microstation) and implementation of 3d clash detection (Navisworks/Navigator).
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes, regulations and company procedures and standards
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Develops standard operating procedures; and organizes in-house training of personnel.
- Works with individual project managers to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Project Execution – Ensure technical reviews and compliance of design engineering with controls to maintain and improve high quality deliverables to our clients.
- Where non-compliance exists, ensure corrective action implementation occurs within three months of the reported non-compliance.
- Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule of potential future contracts or extensions to existing contracts. May assist with other administrative and technical duties. Makes presentations to management and clients as required.
Education / Experience/skills / Competencies And Technical Knowledge
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 15 years of related work experience. Professional Engineer registration may be required.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
- Recent experience with latest highway design software and working in BIM environment including 3d clash detection beneficial.
- Familiarity with Design and NOC process in GCC and UAE/Dubai in particular would be preferable.
- Reports to the Technical Director
- Coordinates with the other Discipline Leads, Project Managers, and Senior Managers
- Coordinates with Clients key staff and all relevant NOC Authorities.
founded in 1944, parsons corporation --- an engineering, construction, technical, and professional services firm --- is a leader in diverse markets, focusing on infrastructure, defense, security, and construction.