With the complexity of today’s economic and social issues, I agree with website The Political Compass that a simple one-dimensional scale (i.e. left vs. right) is an inadequate descriptor of my socio-economic philosophy. To me, it’s not as simple as declaring myself as a “Democrat” or a “Republican”. Like college laundry, there’s not just “clean” and “dirty”, but rather, many fine levels and classifications in-between.
The Political Compass attempts to tackle this complexity by adding a 2nd dimension: Authoritarian (Facism) vs. Libertarian (Anarchism). I’d love to post where famous leaders fall on the above graphic, but it’s more fun if you take the (short) quiz on their website to find out where you stand first. There’s no spin here. They won’t ask you for any personal information.
After you complete the quiz, the site will show where you fall on the scale and also where other world figures fall. I found it completely enlightening and reaffirming of my personal beliefs and convictions. I also found myself in respectable company.
Enough babble. Take the quiz and share your thoughts on this scale! No need to post your results.
Thanks for the link, Brian!
UPDATE: When you finish the test, check out where the U.S. Senate (as of 2008) lands on this scale.
Morning Cup ‘O Joe is a group blog where friends can share anything they find cool or nifty on the internet. Nothing more, nothing less.
Follow us on Twitter: @mcojblog
Enjoy your stay!
Choose Your Brew
- 10 Fantastic Instagram Users You Should Follow Right Now feedly.com/k/10KfYuZ 2 hours ago
- Trojan Horse: How Flickr Screwed Me Out of My Pro Account Through a Photo Walk feedly.com/k/165vVFd - Crap. I'm screwed, too. :( :( 2 hours ago
- Flickr Launches “Spectacular” Redesign, Now Offering 1TB of Free Storage bit.ly/16Gif3i 21 hours ago
- Imagine If This Was How Microsoft Revealed Their New Xbox Tomorrow bit.ly/16Ggkff 21 hours ago
- Star Trek was great. I look forward to seeing what J.J. Abrams has in store for Star Wars. I'm 2 for 3. Please be awesome, Man of Steel. 2 days ago
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cups O' Joe Served
- 536,965 sips
Mike on Ultra Ever Dry Mike on Ultra Ever Dry Bernard on Ultra Ever Dry Mike on Ultra Ever Dry Bernard on Ultra Ever Dry Mike on Transporter – An alterna… Bernie on Transporter – An alterna… Adecmr on RED HANDS–Walk off the… Brittany Brave (@Roc… on RED HANDS–Walk off the… Dawn on LEGO Great Ball Contraption… Dawn on Star Wars Main Title Theme (Vo… » Hacking scie… on I Want To Live! Orcatek on Google Store View Bernard on Human Planet Bernard on Artemis | Spaceship Bridge…
- Girl born with 8 Limbs undergoes surgery in India
- Vintage Cars Found in Old Barn
- Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Commentary! The Musical
- Kelly Blue Book for Electronics
- Lego Iron Man
- Transporter - An alternative to cloud storage
- Ultimate LEGO Millennium Falcon
- Devil's Pool @ Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- AddressBookSync – Import Photos and Birthdays from Facebook (Mac OSX)
- Import Outlook Folders into Thunderbird