With the complexity of today’s economic and social issues, I agree with website The Political Compass that a simple one-dimensional scale (i.e. left vs. right) is an inadequate descriptor of my socio-economic philosophy. To me, it’s not as simple as declaring myself as a “Democrat” or a “Republican”. Like college laundry, there’s not just “clean” and “dirty”, but rather, many fine levels and classifications in-between.
The Political Compass attempts to tackle this complexity by adding a 2nd dimension: Authoritarian (Facism) vs. Libertarian (Anarchism). I’d love to post where famous leaders fall on the above graphic, but it’s more fun if you take the (short) quiz on their website to find out where you stand first. There’s no spin here. They won’t ask you for any personal information.
After you complete the quiz, the site will show where you fall on the scale and also where other world figures fall. I found it completely enlightening and reaffirming of my personal beliefs and convictions. I also found myself in respectable company.
Enough babble. Take the quiz and share your thoughts on this scale! No need to post your results.
Thanks for the link, Brian!
UPDATE: When you finish the test, check out where the U.S. Senate (as of 2008) lands on this scale.
Morning Cup ‘O Joe is a group blog where friends can share anything they find cool or nifty on the internet. Nothing more, nothing less.
Follow us on Twitter: @mcojblog
Enjoy your stay!
Choose Your Brew
- #Kotaku - Razer Peripherals, Link Between Worlds, Even Better PS3 Bundle [Deals] ift.tt/18dGTd1 2 days ago
- #Kotaku - The Logitech G500s Down to $40, Harry Potter Collection [Deals] ift.tt/Iuq69Q 3 days ago
- #Kotaku - Humble Bundle, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Walking Dead Season 2 [Deals] ift.tt/1eWvnSP 4 days ago
- #Kotaku - Assassin's Creed Black Flag $30, PS3 And Vita Holiday Bundles [Deals] ift.tt/1bdSpD8 5 days ago
- #Kotaku - New Humble Weekly Bundle Featuring Jamestown, Closure, Shatter ift.tt/1j9OX0M 1 week ago
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cups O' Joe Served
- 545,609 sips
Mike on Ultra Ever Dry Mike on Ultra Ever Dry Bernard on Ultra Ever Dry Mike on Ultra Ever Dry Bernard on Ultra Ever Dry Mike on Transporter – An alterna… Bernie on Transporter – An alterna… Adecmr on RED HANDS–Walk off the… Brittany Brave (@Roc… on RED HANDS–Walk off the… Dawn on LEGO Great Ball Contraption… Dawn on Star Wars Main Title Theme (Vo… » Hacking scie… on I Want To Live! Orcatek on Google Store View Bernard on Human Planet Bernard on Artemis | Spaceship Bridge…
- For $510 you can have these guys custom paint you MacBook Pro...
- Girl born with 8 Limbs undergoes surgery in India
- Ginormus Table Lamp
- Vintage Cars Found in Old Barn
- Samsung's Solid State Hard Drive
- Lens Envy
- Airborne a Placebo?
- Kelly Blue Book for Electronics
- Ten Billion Trillion Trillion Carat Diamond
- Despair Inc. raises hope for new lows of motivation
Site infoMorning Cup O' Joe
The Andreas04 Theme.