Let ClearPlay Screen DVDs For You

I saw this while browsing the electronics section @ Target the other day.

clearplay1.jpg

Woohhhoooo!!!!!

I can now watch Reservoir Dogs without the Graphic Violence, Explicit Scenes & Profanity.

Update:

Ha ha ha

For example…

“… artfully maintain the story.”

Are you kidding me?!?

December 10, 2007 - Posted by | Geeks and Gadgetry, Movies, Oddities, Science and Technology

1. Did I really see “Dishonor Flag” and “Blasphemy”!?! …Wow; this ought to come in really handy for a few specific groups.

So much for “Director/Producer vision”

Hack the unit for “Overly ridiculous” and “Stupid beyond comprehension” filters and it may actually improve Michael Bay films.

Comment by DT | December 10, 2007

2. I’ve never heard of those films. Now you’re going to make me NetFlix them.

As for the Michael Bay films. With those two filters in place, the player will only let you view the ending credits. =D

Comment by Bernard | December 10, 2007

3. Ha ha ha!!!

I’m an idiot. Just ignore the first half of my comment.

Comment by Bernard | December 10, 2007

4. Favorite quote: “…See? You probably don’t even know what you missed!”
    –Unfortunately I do; literally 1/3 of the movie. Gone. One big chunk of wholesome family entertainment just gone.

Oh, and the “artfully” bouncing ClearPlay logo was just SWEET! Too good for words.

Comment by DT | December 10, 2007

5. The next time you’re at a Target, go to the electronics section and check out the ClearPlay Kiosk and watch the original Demo Video. It’s just as funny.

Comment by Bernard | December 10, 2007

6. You know, I’d buy this purely as a “Conversation Piece”.

Hey… Let’s see how long it would take to view the entire Tarantino Library.

On a serious note…

I’d like to hear more comments on this product.

Good Idea?

Bad Idea?

Slippery Slope?

Comment by Bernard | December 11, 2007

7. I had heard of ClearPlay, but I had never seen it in action. Hilarious!

I don’t like the idea of it, though, and don’t see its usefulness at all. I support restricting what you let your kids see on tv, of course, but I just don’t think devices like ClearPlay are the way to do it. For example, why watch a ClearPlay-butchered version of Pulp Fiction with your kids? Wouldn’t it seem more prudent to simply not let them watch it at all? Save those kinds of movies for when your kids aren’t around. There’s no reason for kids to be watching *any* version of Pulp Fiction, and there’s no sense in you wasting your time subjecting yourself to a terrible, butchered version of it.

I say just put the kids to bed, then watch your not-safe-for-kids movies while they sleep. Or while they’re out at soccer practice. Or school. Or at grandma’s. You get the idea.

Comment by Joe | December 11, 2007

8. Agreed Joe…

If you intend to view an R-Rated movie with your kids filtered or not, your Parent Membership card should be revoked.

How about the “Gray Area” from G to PG13? I can see this thing filtering a PG13 down to a PG, maybe even a G.

Comment by Bernard | December 11, 2007