What’s wrong with this video?

I’m sure there are many answers to that question, but not cheating by searching for the answers. There is something strange about the following video…

I’ll update the post to give my answer once everyone has had a chance to throw in their 2 cents.

Update…

Well, there’s nothing “wrong” with the video per say.  It is a video from the game Call of Duty.  What got me is that the video actually fooled some people into thinking it was the real thing.  The first tip off to me when I watched it was that the audio of the mission commander kept using the same words exactly the same way.

February 29, 2008 - Posted by | Video

1. What game is this from?

Beyond that, let’s see. The “FLIR” can see through roofs? People explode towards the shells, it’s too definitely too long. Hmm, what else were you looking for?

Comment by morgan | February 29, 2008

2. Yeah… What game?

I sat and watched the video once and I cannot find anything visually wrong.

Is there something on the “HUD” that’s odd. An “Inside Joke” placed by the game developers.

What’s “WHOT” “MAN NARO”

The physics engine seems okay. All the objects seem to interact with events appropriately.

The second time thru I listened to the sound. I can hear maybe 2 or 3 players talking during the game so I guess this is a video of on-line play. Nothing odd there.

Should we dig deeper than that?

Is this video a commentary on present events in the world?

Comment by xraytech | February 29, 2008

3. I agree. Feels like a video game. The physics of the movement of the trucks is odd, smoke generation from things on fire looks rendered, etc. Could be a game, although I don’t know which one.

Comment by Joe | February 29, 2008

4. All of a sudden I feel like Hi-jacking an AC-130 and playing God. Smiting down all the Jack Thompsons in the world. =D

Comment by xraytech | February 29, 2008

5. MUST TERMINATE JACK THOMPSON…

Comment by xraytech | February 29, 2008

6. Also… after reading the title, the first thing that came to mind is, “It’s a SCREAMER”.

I HATE SCREAMERS!!!

Comment by xraytech | February 29, 2008

7. Well, if your thinking it’s real. It’s not, it’s from a video game called Call of Duty 4. As to anything wrong with the video, everything seems as is, as the game plays 🙂

Comment by remister | March 1, 2008

8. It’s definitely CoD4. …but there also sounds like some real-life British/US voice track added in there that doesn’t jive with the gameplay.

Oh, and it’s WAY too long for nothing to really happen!

Comment by DT | March 1, 2008

9. It’s too long, that’s what’s wrong with it. …and the people move too fluidly and consistantly, leading me to think this is a video game.

Comment by radium226 | March 2, 2008

10. I watched the video again around 1:30, there was sounds that was not from the game. There was an external sound track, it seems that whoever was playing the game was on duty with military? And they were on duty to fire at people? That’s just my second guess.

Comment by remister | March 2, 2008