The Dark Knight

I’m surprised that I can’t find a post on MCOJ about this movie. I’ll admit to not having seen the last batman film. I think I gave up on them due to Val Kilmer or George Clooney. Take your pick. In any event, through some work connections my dad got to see The Dark Knight last night.

He said it was fantastic and not at all like the old style that came across as hokey. Very good, very dark and apparently the Joker is extraordinarily creepy and sinister. I may actually have to plunk down the 8 bucks for this one.

June 24, 2008 - Posted by | Movies

1. Yeah,

“Batman Begins” was a departure from the previous Batman movies. And “The Dark Knight” will definitely continue this trend.

Comment by xraytech | June 24, 2008

2. RIP Heath Ledger!
    This is gonna be an awesome movie, better than any of this year action movies!

Comment by remister | June 26, 2008

3. Hey!!!

Anybody here?!?

Hello?!?

Comment by Bernard | July 9, 2008

4. I just found out that this movie was filmed in the IMAX format!

That’s just plain AWESOME!!!

I tried getting tickets at our closest IMAX theater but heard tickets are sold out for the next week.

Comment by Bernie | July 19, 2008

5. Myla and I were able to catch this movie this past weekend.

Awesome.

This set of movies has gone far beyond “comic book movie.” There were sociological and ethical situations brought up in this film that I’m still thinking about 2 days later.

Heath Ledger was brilliant. I understand now why he was having nightmares from doing this role. A friend mentioned that Jack Nicholson took Heath aside and warned him to “not let the role get to him.” When you “stare into the abyss”, I guess…

Great performances by Gary Oldman and Christian Bale as well. Maggie Gyllenhaal was a better Rachel than Katie Holmes by far. Aaron Eckhart was wonderful as Harvey Dent as well.

Even though this was filmed in IMAX, I feel that watching it in IMAX won’t really make too much of an impact. This film is more about the character conflict and inner turmoil rather than the action.

Definitely a must see.

Comment by Mike | July 22, 2008

6. kudos to the makers Dark Knight for their record breaking opening weekend… it’s no wonder there’s talk of another one coming out ASAP

Comment by patrick | July 22, 2008

7. Still waiting to see it on IMAX.

Comment by xraytech | July 22, 2008

8. It is believed to be said that, to prepare for his role as the Joker, Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character’s psychology, posture and voice (the last one he found most difficult to do). He started a diary, in which he wrote the Joker’s thoughts and feelings to guide himself during his performance. He was also given Alan Moore’s comic “Batman: The Killing Joke” and “Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth” to read. Ledger also took inspiration from A Clockwork Orange (1971)’s Alex and Sid Vicious.

Comment by remister | July 24, 2008

9. I can’t comment till I’ve seen Dark Knight. But for those who have,

Nicholson’s Joker vs Ledger’s Joker

Comment by xraytech | July 24, 2008

10. Just saw it in IMAX.

AWESOME!!!

In the final cut of the movie, only a select number of sequences were presented in IMAX. Most of the wide shots of the city and most of the action sequences. All the dialog was presented in the typical wide aspect ration.

Comment by xraytech | July 28, 2008