Here’s a great video showing the mirror and shutter mechanism in a Canon DSLR. The action begins 60 seconds in.
Keep in mind that the entire real-time duration of the mirror swinging up, the shutter coming down, the exposure, the shutter coming back up and the mirror swinging down is .213 seconds.
Great find, Tom!
I’m a sucker for elaborate contraptions—especially ones that involve themes that are near and dear to my heart.
Canon has a new digital camera aimed at water sport enthusiasts and dolphins with opposable thumbs.
- Waterproof (to 10m), shockproof (1.22m), freeze-proof (-10°C), dust-proof digital camera
- 12.1 Megapixels
- 3.0x optical zoom with optical Image Stabilizer
- Smart Auto mode with Scene Detection Technology
- DIGIC 4 processor for ultra-fast response and superb image quality
- Exceptionally bright 2.5” PureColor LCD II with 2mm protective shield
- Combats blur with IS and Motion Detection Technology
- People shots made easy with Face Detection Technology, Face Select & Track and Blink Detection – plus FaceSelf-Timer and Auto Red-Eye Correction technologies
- 30fps VGA movies